Philips BiPAP A40
Tailored ventilation – because every patient is different.
The Philips BiPAP A40 is a bi-level ventilator that combines ease-of-use and comfort with technological innovations that adapt to the patient’s condition for optimal therapy.
The BiPAP A40 is based on a familiar and reliable platform, with many well-known Philips Respironics technologies such as Auto-Trak and AVAPS. This device treats chronic respiratory insufficiency by providing noninvasive and invasive pressure ventilation up to 40 cmH 2 O.
AVAPS-AE, the first fully automatic ventilation mode designed to help clinicians during the titration process while maintaining comfort and therapy optimization at the lowest pressures—is featured on this device. This new, innovative ventilation mode helps maintain long-term compliance with therapy, even as patients move from one sleeping position to another and their respiratory functions change.
Philips’ BiPAP A40 model can provide autonomy and increased support for patients because of its battery module, which was designed specifically to meet those needs.
- Ventilation modes: CPAP, S, S/T, PC, T, AVAPS-AE
- Hybrid ventilation: AVAPS (Average Volume Assured Pressure Support), AVAPS-AE
- IPAP: 4 – 40 cm H2O
- EPAP: 4 – 25 cm H2O
- Target tidal volume (when AVAPS enabled): 200 – 1500 ml
- Breath rate: 0 – 40 bpm (4 – 40 bpm in T mode)
- Inspiratory time: 0.5 – 3 sec
- Triggering and cycling: Auto-Trak; Sensitive Auto-Trak; Flow triggering
- Rise time: 1 (100 ms) – 6 (600 ms)
- Size: 21.6 cm W x 19 cm L x 11.5 cm H
- Weight: 2.1 Kgs (with power supply)
- Noise level: < 30 dBA at 10 cm H2O
- Humidification: System One humidity control and ‘Dry Box’ technology
- Alarms: Patient disconnection, Apnea, Low minute ventilation, Low tidal volume (with AVAPS/AVAPS-AE only), High respiratory rate
- Monitoring: Pressure, tidal volume, minute ventilation, respiratory rate, leak, I/E ratio
- Battery Back- up: Detachable battery module: 5 hours at IPAP 12 cm H2O / EPAP 7 cm H2O and 12 bpm
- DC power source: 12 VDC, 5.0 A (external battery); 24 VDC, 4.2 A (power supply)
- Data management: EncorePro 2 and DirectView software; Compatible with oximetry module; Advanced detection of residual respiratory events (Apnea/Hypopnea Index, Obstructed Airway Apnea, Clear Airway Apnea, Hypopnea, Periodic Breathing, RERA, Large Leak and Snore)
- Remote control: Compatible with PC Direct
- Polygraph and polysomnography connections: Direct connection to Alice PDx and Alice6 PSGs; AOM to connect to most PSG systems
2 years service warranty